- 1 kg of MINSA prepared tamale flour
- 1 L of chicken broth
- 125 g of ancho chiles soaked in very hot water, cored and seeded
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of lard
- 300 g of pork cooked with onions and herbs and shredded
- Salt to taste
- Puree the ancho chiles with the garlic and the water they were soaked in.
- Fry this sauce in the lard, add the pork, season with salt and boil a few minutes until thickened.
- For the masa dough, mix flour with chicken broth until dough is soft and fluffy (about 10 minutes).
- When the dough is ready, spoon it into the corn husks, add filling, fold and cook in a tamale steamer on a bed of corn husks.
- Cook 45 minutes, or until corn husks peel away from masa dough easily.