- 1 kg of MINSA nixtamalized blue corn flour
- 1/4 kg of lard or vegetable oil
- Purified water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 kg of pinto beans
- 1/4 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 sprig of epazote
- 100 g cream cheese or queso blanco
- Wash the beans and cook in a pressure cooker with the onion and garlic. At the first boil, add salt and the sprig of epazote. Drain and set aside.
- Season skillet with oil and mash beans until smooth.
- To make masa dough, follow the instructions on the MINSA blue corn flour package.
- Knead with hands and then take a handful and stretch it slightly, placing 1 tablespoon of beans inside.
- Fold edges in, covering bean filling. Stretch the dough to make an elongated diamond.
- While forming tlacoyos, put lard or oil in skillet and then fry each tlacoyo on both sides.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover with cream. Serve with the salsa of your choice.